Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another day....

I decided that I really wanted to blog today and I am not sure why. No great thoughts have come into my head. There is nothing pressing on my heart other than it is another day. I guess that in and of itself is important. It IS another day. Another day to be thankful for what I have, another day to spend with the people I love. It is another day to breathe in fresh air and be glad there is no snow yet. It is another day to behold the beauty that the Lord has put around us.

I woke up this morning feeling a little grumbly and wanted coffee instead of my usual tea. But alas after months of not being used, I came to realize that my coffee maker had not been emptied of the coffee grounds. MOLD ewwwwwwwwwww. Another day to be thankful that there seems to be a Dunkin Donuts on every corner here in New England. I threw a sweater on over my pj's (I was wearing sweats) and drove to DD for a wonderful Pumpkin coffee. It is my favorite sweater. I have received many compliments on it. My sister has asked me if she could have it. I might will it to her if I die soon. My dear husband calls it my blanket with sleeves. The snuggies have nothing on this sweater. Coffee in hand I snuggle on the couch and listen to the sounds of James Taylor and Otis Redding on Pandora. A blessed hour of quiet as my daughter does homework on the computer and my sons are outside playing in the leaves. Another thing to be thankful for.

I know I have so much to thank God for. He has blessed me above all I could have imagined. Many people are suffering around the world, some of them are my friends. As I have lived my charmed little life I haven't seen into the lives of my friends (those that I haven't had current contact with.) Friends that have lost jobs. Friends have been ill, or they have lost loved ones. I have a friend that was arrested for child abuse. I have a friend that made a mess of her life with drugs and lost her children. Now she is finding her way back. All while I whine about something comparatively little. Brandon Heath's song, Give Me Your Eyes, has spoken to me. I don't think that I could handle having God's eyes. I think the pain of humanity would destroy me, but I would like it if God would help me to see people with his compassion and grace and mercy. Meanwhile I live my sweet little life and thank God even more for just another day..........

No comments:

Post a Comment