Tuesday, October 13, 2009

KIDS!!!

By all accounts I adore my children. They really are a blessing to me. But sometimes I wonder why that blessing can feel like a bane. Was life really easier before kids? I guess the answer to that one is yes it was easier. But was it really as rewarding? No way! I hear people talk about the best times of their lives was when they were single without children, college age living the high life. Is that really the best times of our lives? It isn't mine. I loved being in Florida with all my girls just about living at the beach and having a good time. It wasn't the best times of my life so far though. I would say that the best times are now, the ones that I am living today. A day at the beach with my bestest friend ever, doesn't compare to a fun day with the little ones wrapped in my arms watching a movie in our jammies. Even on days when I would like to sell them to the gypsies (like today) I wouldn't change my life.

Kids frustrate me, make me want to pull my hair out in huge clumps and throw it at them! It has been a day of dirty laundry crumpled up in the CLEAN drawers of laundry. Toys jammed where they shouldn't be because someone was too lazy to put them in the right spot even though the right spot was only two feet away from the hiding hole. Dirty socks from one son crumpled up in the drawer of the other son. It has been a day of sass and attitude thrown at me by a teenage wannabe GIRL (of course). And a day of tears from a preteen son who whines and complains about why he has to show me his work in Math. And doesn't understand how he gets it but he just gets the answer but can't figure out the steps to get there. It has been a day of arguing between the children and me having to get them squared away. Do I want a break? YES! Do I really want them to go away? Maybe for a couple of hours, but never to the gypsies. I would miss them too much. I would miss my messy house and my crazy kids. I am sure that I would even miss the arguing, complaining and everything else that goes along with being a mom.

Over the last two years I have had to take jobs outside of my home and I hated it. I hated being away from them. I hated not being there for them. I just LOVE being a stay at home mom and a homeschooling mom, even with all the frustrations that it brings at times. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I know I live a very charmed and wonderful life. I wouldn't want it any other way. Sometimes I just need to remind myself of that. Especially on the days like today where there might be one or two bald spots. Honestly these really are the best days of my life and when they are gone I am sure going to miss them..........

No comments:

Post a Comment